Sunday, February 15, 2009

1st One and a Half Months in INTI


Hello again! For those of you guys who haven't know yet, I'm currently taking up a Business course in INTI University College here in Nilai. I know most of my Ipoh friends must be thinking, ''But why?". The bottom line is I didn't want to be tied down with just an accounting qualification. Studying and working are two entirely different things and I long for some flexibility in my future job, though I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of taking ACCA next time. Having a dual degree isn't such a bad thing after all, right?

Initially I felt really homesick during my first few days in college. I missed home, my family, friends and everything back in Ipoh. It's funny how I used to complain about how boring my hometown was until
I came to Nilai. Being an Ipoh guy who enjoys awesome food with great price, it is only natural that I will tend to compare the food here with the food back in my hometown. Let's not go into detail about it, shall we? In a nutshell, the food here is expensive yet pretty much a letdown. So much for thinking that the food and everything would be dirt cheap in a small town like Nilai.

I'm taking 6 subjects this semester which comprises Basic Maths (which isn't so basic after all), English, Business Studies I, IT, General Studies and Malaysian Studies. Some classes are getting quite interesting while some are just not up to par. Blame it on the subject or lecturer, I don't know. Learning about Additional Maths and Malaysian Studies can be a drag at times since they have nothing to do whatsoever with Business.

There are over sixty clubs here in INTI and so far I have signed up for Christian Fellowship, Inti Vibes, House of Commerce, UN club (I don't even know what activities they have), and Peer Support Group. I know it's rather ridiculous joining so many clubs that's why I'm seriously considering dropping a club or two soon. So far the most 'happening' club is none other than Christian Fellowship and we have 3 meetings per week and that's excluding Captain Ball that they organize every Monday! Without a doubt, I'm delighted to be having fellowship again with my CF friends. And guess what, I even met a fellow BBC in CF! His name is Eric and we are attending Grace Family Sanctuary in Banting. The church is an hour's drive from my college and I'm part of the worship team now after only attending one service. I couldn't believe it either. I'm playing rhythm guitar.

My first six weeks here in INTI had been quite hectic though it wasn't because I had a lot of homework or assignments. I have been
spending much time on club activities and 'hanging out' sessions which in my opinion should be reduced drastically if I were to do well in my upcoming tests.


At the end of the day, it's not about the boring lectures, my pursuit to getting a degree and be sucessful, the little crush I have on a cute gal in my class, my neighbour who has severe OCD issues nor is it about me at all. It is all about You and only Your Grace will prosper me. Daddy God, I want to be a blessing to the people I meet and this cannot be achieved by my self-effort but by your Amazing Grace.

P/S: Sam, if you're reading this, congratulations on getting a Visa to the U.K. Thank you for all the craziness you have brought to Ipoh. God bless! =)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woahhh....you're a fast learner...starting up fast le...haha..anyway..cool blog...and don't u ever complain about Ipoh...Ipoh's alot greater than KL and N.Sembilan >.< I MISS IPOH FOOD AND HOME TOO!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

good good, remember to serve out of a filled heart. don't rush to serve, but make sure you feed on His word.

See you when i'm back... btw, link updated.

Anonymous said...

Good that you're enjoying urself man. Haha :D

Anonymous said...

gladly i see a nice blog!
and good comment on me = =
at least better than Lauren's... haha

Charis said...

linked you too lah. And wat do u mean i didn't help! Haha.. I think I made you feel worse after that. Sorry! Oh, and if Lauren sees this she'll kill you big time.

Anonymous said...

Charissa is right! What no comment about me. I thought you had a lot of things to say about me wtf hahahahha link me also leh

aisha said...

Yay, a blog!

Glad to hear you're enjoying college life. It can be pretty hectic at times, eh?

KeL said...

here i am. link me:D

Benedict Khoo said...

It seems like you are getting the hang of it... If you have any problem, you can talk to us in CF. Hope you will continue to excel in your studies. God bless...

Anonymous said...

wow,,how pleasure m i.. the first fren to gt ur comment.. haha.. thx lots, i'm blessed to ,mit u too=) bt i noe bcos of tis blog som1 misunderstand u!? haha.. anyway dun delete the comment 'bout me, kill u.. haha.. le lee=)

♥єrlίnα said...

welcome to blogspot..*finally*
hahaha...
u had been lost in msn for quite sometimes...
checked ur facebook only noe u went to nilai without informing me or anything...
so sad...
nah..dropped a comment ady...
faster faster XD

AngeCloud said...

You joined so many clubs! Wahsei! I joined 4 and dropped 3 XD And having Add Math class and MW is really ridicules when we only study business/mass comm indeed.

Anonymous said...

haha dude, get the best out of ur college life. excel man!

BoonTat said...

哟哟哟。。。haha..
u also feel that.. oh.. ipoh food is the best +cheap..
hahah...
and so happy u can noe such much fren oh.. so hope u enjoy it oh>>

Anonymous said...

zoo-v.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading zoo-v.blogspot.com every day.
bad credit personal loan
cash advance